Your best clients can be more than just customers; they can become a powerful sales team for your practice. In 5 Steps in Creating Powerful Referrals For Your Practice, Neil O’Brien took us through how to create a flow of new clients as well as a four-step process to transform your top clients into your most effective sales force.
1. Identify Your Best Clients
The first step, according to Neil, is to identify your best clients. These are the ones who are not only loyal but also have a deep understanding and appreciation of your services. For instance, Neil introduced ‘Noel’ an accountant who identified John, the owner of a large hardware store, as one of his best clients. John was not only a good client but also had a strong relationship with Noel, making him an ideal candidate for this process.
2. Be Specific in Your Request
When asking for referrals, specificity is key. Instead of asking your clients if they know anyone who might be interested in your services, ask them if they know someone 'just like them.' This approach narrows down the possibilities and helps your clients think of potential leads more effectively. In our context, Noel was specific when he asked John for referrals, which helped John come up with a few names.
3. Ask for Introductions
Once your client has provided you with potential leads, ask them to introduce you. This step is crucial because it adds credibility to your approach. When Noel received a few names from John, he asked John to introduce him to these potential clients. This way, the prospects would know who Noel was before he reached out to them.
4. Provide Value and Plan for Growth
From the moment you start working with new clients, plan for their growth and go beyond just providing your basic services. This approach will help you build strong relationships with your clients, just like Noel did with John. By doing so, you're not only ensuring that your clients are satisfied but also setting the stage for them to become part of your sales team in the future.
Turning your best clients into a powerful sales team is a strategic process that requires careful planning and execution. However, when done correctly, it can significantly boost your sales and help your practice grow.
To watch the full session, please click here. In the webinar, Neil explains the 5 steps in creating a flow of new clients:
- Referral partners, the steps involved in creating strong relationships with other businesses where you can pass a flow of work in both directions.
- Referrals from clients – this is the most powerful marketing Neil has ever used. He will show you a 4-step process to turn your best clients into a powerful sales team for your practice.
- Weekly KPI’s – To make these 2 referral systems work for your business, you will need to plan and track the activities that will bring you new clients. These new clients won’t just fall into your lap. You will need to build and nurture relationships with key people for this to work.
- Default diary – the KPI numbers you track will need to be planned. An example of these activities could be having coffee with a solicitor. For referral systems to work, you will need to block off time in your diary every week.
- Neil shows a list relationship-building activities e.g. promoting an event, that can help you build relationships and win new clients.
The contents of this article are meant as a guide only and are not a substitute for professional advice. The author/s accept no responsibility for any action taken, or refrained from, as a result of the material contained in this document. Specific advice should be obtained before acting or refraining from acting, in connection with the matters dealt with in this article.